Argentina, Uruguay & Brazil Discovery - Preview 2022
Argentina, Uruguay & Brazil Discovery – Preview 2022
From thundering Iguassu Falls, to the vibrant lure of Copacabana beach and the natural wonders of Tijuca National Forest, South America has it all. Indulge on an authentic Asado Porteno in Buenos Aires with a local chef, and the regional flavours of Mendoza, Argentina’s revered wine region. Along the way, your backdrop will be made up of the snow-topped Andes, white-sand beaches, lush land and diverse architecture, all served with a sprinkling of Latin flare.
- Buenos Aires: Relax and unwind before meeting your Travel Director and fellow guests for a Welcome Dinner and drinks.
- Buenos Aires: In the evening, enjoy an authentic Asado Porteno (Argentinian barbecue) with local chef, Luis.
- Mendoza: Savour a Highlight Lunch and wine at the vineyard.
- Iguassu Falls: Your Highlight Dinner will be served at The Argentine Experience. The restaurant serves traditional Latin and Argentinian cuisine ad your meal will come with unlimited wine.
- Rio de Janeiro: Enjoy a Highlight Lunch with a Caipirinha at Casa Camolese, a contemporary restaurant situated next to the garden.
- Rio de Janeiro: In the evening, commemorate your holiday as you join your new friends for a memorable Celebration Dinner at a traditional Brazilian churrascaria.
- Dining Summary: 10 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunches (L), 2 Lunches with wine (LW), and 5 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Rio de Janeiro: Enjoy a guided visit to Rio’s Botanical Garden, a preservation site for a rare collection of bromeliads and orchids, as well as old trees and exotic plants.
Top Rated Highlights
- Buenos Aires: Later, visit the historic Mercado San Telmo. Built in 1897, this indoor market is situated in the tango district, in the heart of the San Telmo neighbourhood. You’ll find everything from fresh fruit and spices, to vintage clothing, antiques and crafts here.
- Colonia Del Sacramento: Visit the city of Colonia del Sacramento, with its cobbled streets and historic buildings. Now a UNESCO World heritage site, this colourful destination was originally founded by the Portuguese in the 1600s.
- Mendoza: A day made for budding wine connoisseurs, enjoy an informative winery tour with Malbec tastings.
- Iguassu Falls: Take in breathtaking views of the jungle and falls, before heading out with a Local Expert to explore the Argentinian side of the park.
- Iguassu Falls: Today you’ll take a guided visit to the Brazilian side of Iguassu Falls. The walk is shorter but no less impressive, allowing you to see all the cascades at once.
- Rio de Janeiro: Conclude your day with a cable car ride up to Sugarloaf Mountain.
- Rio de Janeiro: In the morning, take a tour of Tijuca Forest National Park, where you’ll find Mount Corcovado, home to the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Arrive in Buenos Aires.
Explore Buenos Aires.
On to Colonia del Sacramento.
Buenos Aires to Mendoza.
Flavour of Mendoza.
Mendoza to Iguassu Falls.
Sightseeing at Iguassu Falls.
The Brazilian Side.
Explore Rio de Janeiro.
Leisure time in Rio de Janeiro.
Depart Rio de Janeiro.